Adobe ColdFusion is a rapid web application development platform with its unique scripting language – ColdFusion Mark-up Language (CFML). It is used for building data-driven websites or intranets and can be used for generating remote services as well, especially for server-side technology. Some of the key features of ColdFusion are easy access of database, client-side code generation, client and server cache management, file indexing, server clustering, simplified web service implementation etc. There are numerous free tools available for ColdFusion development that ColdFusion development services in New York can use.
ColdFusion Developer’s Version
Adobe offers a free developer’s version of ColdFusion which has a few restrictions, in the sense that it will answer to a limited number of IP addresses and certain cfchart and cfdocument will have watermarks placed on the generated content. Developers have the option to upgrade to the paid version once they have installed it. There is a trial version too, without any restrictions, but with 30 days validity.
ColdFusion Development Tools
Some of the ColdFusion Development Tools are:
- Build Tool – Can be used to regularly execute commands such as managing directories, copying files, updating databases, running unit tests among other things.
- Unit Testing – Which are codes that check some other codes that has been written to ensure it is working as expected. It can be used to test simple codes and hundreds of unit tests can be developed based on the project requirements.
- Report Builder: It can be used by the developer to design structured, repeating-region reports for ColdFusion applications development.
- ColdFusion Editor -Look for text editor with ColdFusion language support such as Dreamweaver for color coding, language reference and RDB integration, CFEclipse Plugin for working with Eclipse, Java builder or Flex builder and CFStudio
- Adobe Flash and Flex Remoting Components – It can be used for simplifying the Flash and Flex application development process by providing a programming model and runtime support for connecting ActionScript directly to remote ColdFusion pages, components, server-side ActionScript files and web services
Some of the other indispensable ColdFusion developers’ tools are code generators, IDEs, frameworks, open source application such as bug trackers, monitoring tools etc.